Pissy Post

After waiting 1 1/2 months for a rescheduled landscape design appointment, I took time off work today to meet with the guy at the house. Something went out of balance just when I was leaving work, and then (not to let on about the state of our security) I sat in my car at the gate of my workplace for more than 5 min. waiting for it to open, while the guard was maybe staring into space in the tinted booth next to me. I frantically searched my cellphone for the nursery number but it was listed as "000-0000". Me. Useless.

So when I arrived home 10 min late, there was a message from the guy with no callback number. I tried 5 different numbers in the phone book before I got hold of him. He had been by, had "drawn the yard out" and said to come pick up the plans at the nursery. And then I said, "I was hoping to try to meet you so we could talk about traffic patterns and plants suitable for swampy areas and the limited light in my front yard." He said, quote, "I don't need to know nothing about traffic patterns."

I vented to Jason a bit later and he observed that my idea of a lanscape designer was not what this guy's idea was. Well, yes. I had a plot survey for him and the new house colors and even wanted to ask about shed placement. Guy wanted to hear none of it and talked over me. I found a new place in the phone book while I was talking to guy on the phone, a specifically "woman-owned" landscaping/irrigation/waterscaping business. I will give them a try instead.

No comments:

UA-58667865-1